Best Sunday Roasts in the UK
The best Sunday Roasts that I’ve ever had have been at home with friends and family. However many pubs and restaurants also provide a traditional roast dinner on a Sunday. Although the quality of these offerings varies considerably, the general standard has improved considerably in the last ten years or so. Nevertheless it is always worth checking out the websites listed below that are dedicated to reviewing Sunday Roasts at pubs and restaurants in the UK:
- http://www.bestsundayroast.co.uk/ Focus on South East England.
- http://questforasundayroast.com/ Reviews of Sunday Roasts in London
- http://www.sunday-roast.com/ Also centred on London
If you’re in Sussex I’d also recommend the following for a good Sunday Roast:
- The Ginger Fox http://thegingerfox.com/ Just over the downs from Brighton.
- The Foragers http://www.theforagerspub.co.uk/ Great pub in Hove
- The Crabtree http://www.crabtreesussex.co.uk/ Near Horsham
- The Jolly Sportsman http://www.thejollysportsman.com/ Great for eating outdoors in the summer
- The Ram http://www.raminn.co.uk/ Excellent food in beautiful surroundings
Alternatively, the following pages give you most of the information you need to cook a decent Sunday Roast yourself: